Author: Brenda Bennett | Sugar-Free Mom
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup whey protein powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings: crispy bacon or pancetta, egg, chopped fresh chives
- Whisk together or use stand mixer to blend all ingredients together until well combined.
- My Belgian waffle iron has a scooper it came with and is about 1/2 cup. Just make sure to cover the waffle iron with batter, use a spoon to fill batter all over if needed.
- Follow your manufacturer’s instructions for cooking waffles.
- Remove once browned and enjoy!
- Top with crispy bacon or pancetta, an egg and some fresh chives!
- This recipe makes 4 large Belgian Waffles. Each waffle has 4 wedges. The serving is for half of the whole waffle or 2 wedges out of 4.