*If you do not have a spiralizer just thinly slice the zucchini into matchsticks.
**The pasta can be eaten warm or cold, but I find it best if the pasta is a little warm as it helps the egg to create a sauce for the pasta
- 1 1/2 pints heirloom or regular cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup oil packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped, plus more for serving
- 1 clove garlic, minced or grated (optional)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 medium size zucchini’s*
- 1/4-1/2 pound spaghetti/angel hair pasta (or more sub zucchini) (gluten free if needed)**
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 poached eggs
- 4 ounces freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
Meanwhile, finely chop/mince 1 pint of cherry tomatoes and add them to a bowl. To the bowl add the sun-dried tomatoes (do not drain all the oil), basil, garlic, lemon juice and crushed red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper to your liking. Set aside and allow to sit at least 10 minutes.
Once the water is boiling, boil the pasta according to package directions. Drain.
Meanwhile using a spiralizer, spiralize the zucchini and add it to large bowl. Toss in the hot pasta and allow is to slightly cook the zucchini noodles*. Add the kalamata olives, olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss well.
Divide the pasta among 4 plates or bowls. Top each portion with tomato sauce and 1 poached egg. Sprinkle with parmesan and toasted pine nuts. Break the poach egg and toss the pasta allowing it to create a sauce. Add more parmesan and basil. EAT.
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 15 minutes