– 6 eggs I like to use farm fresh
– 1/2 cup butter (or ghee), melted and browned
– 1/4 cup raw honey
– 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
– 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
– 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 muffin cups with liners, or grease with coconut oil.
Brown the butter, and set aside to let cool slightly. In a medium bowl, combine eggs, honey, vanilla and browned butter.
Add in the sea salt and baking soda.
Sprinkle the coconut flour over the mixture and then whisk into the batter, mixing until there aren’t any more clumps.
Divide the (runny) batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups (about 1/4 cup each).
Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Coconut Whipped Cream
Ingredients One 15-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
½ teaspoon sugar (optional)
1 teaspoon gluten free vanilla or more to taste (optional)
Equipment Large bowl Hand beaters or a stand mixer
1. Place the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator and leave it there until well-chilled; I left mine in for 5 hours.
2. Open the can of coconut milk. There will be a firm, waxy layer on top.
3. Scoop out this firm layer coconut cream that has solidified at the top of the can.
4. Stop as soon as you reach the water at the bottom of the can; don’t include anything but the solid cream.
5. Place this cream in the bowl of a stand mixer, or a large bowl.
6. Turn your mixer or hand beaters to high speed, and whip the coconut cream for 3 to 5 minutes.
7. Whip until it becomes fluffy and light, with soft peaks. Mix in sugar or vanilla, if using.